Watercraft & Boat Insurance
Watercraft & Boat Insurance Information
Boats are significant investments; these vehicles may be integral to your recreation, vacation plans or even livelihood. With that in mind, it’s necessary to understand how critical it is to have an adequate boat insurance policy. Without proper coverage, a single incident could lead to your finances being sunk by the resulting damages and losses.
800 Insurance is here to help. Our agents are well equipped to help boat owners in the Daly City area protect their vehicles with the right coverage.
How Does Boat Insurance Work?
With adequate boat insurance, you can access critical financial aid if an incident leaves your vehicle damaged or if you are liable for another party’s damages. Your premiums ensure this protection and, after you reach the applicable deductible for the type of incident that occurred, your insurance will pay for the outstanding costs until you reach your coverage limits.
What Does Boat Insurance Cover?
Many different risks and hazards that could leave your boat damaged or you liable for another party’s losses. Fortunately, boat insurance spreads a wide safety net across these potential incidents. Most policies will include some combination of the following coverages:
- Medical expenses—If you or your passengers are injured in an accident, this coverage can help pay for treatment.
- Hull coverage—If your boat, including motor and electrical equipment, is damaged, your insurance can provide financial aid.
- Liability coverage—If you are at fault for an incident, your policy can cover you for:
- Bodily injury—If another party is injured, your insurance can help pay for their medical costs.
- Property damage—If you are responsible for damaging someone else’s property, your coverage can help pay for repairs or replacement costs.
- Uninsured/underinsured watercraft—If another party is at fault for an accident but lacks adequate insurance to pay for the damages, this coverage can help make up the difference.
- Personal effects coverage—If personal possessions are lost or damaged while you’re using your boat, your policy can help pay to repair or replace them.
- Emergency assistance/towing—If your vessel breaks down on the water and you require emergency assistance or towing, your coverage can help cover the costs.
- Comprehensive coverage—This coverage can help cover your boat for incidents outside your control, such as theft or damage caused by severe weather.
Your insurance needs may vary depending on what type of watercraft you operate. Most boat coverage can be tailored to suit the following vessels:
- Pontoon boats
- Bass and fishing boats
- Personal watercraft (e.g., jet skis)
Get the Right Coverage
Like most types of insurance coverage, it’s necessary to look at your specific situation when determining the right policy. Fortunately, the agents at 800 Insurance are prepared to do just that. Contact us today to begin assessing your coverage needs and building an insurance package that will keep you and your vessel safe.